Contribution of SHRI PRAKASHBHAI S PATEL – President – Sankalchand Patel University
- Shri Prakashbhai Patel, born as a grandson of Shri Sankalchandbhai Patel, the philanthropist, freedom fighter and founder chairman of Nootan Sarva Vidhyalaya Kelavani Mandal and Visnagar taluka co-op labor union, was brought up in Visnagar, a town known for its rich educational heritage.
- Having completed his Bachler of Civil Engineering from the renowned, L D Engineering College-Ahmedabad, he started his career as civil contactor. He established his own company “Prakash Constructions” and undertook many private and government infrastructural projects involving canal, bridge and roads.
- With a philanthropy in his heart he would always want to follow the footsteps of his inspirational figure, his own grandfather, Shri Sankalchand Patel who dedicated his whole life for the fulfillment of educational needs of the youth of the North Gujarat region. Following his role model in a form of his own “Dadaji”, Prakashbhai became young Chairman of Nootan Sarva Vidhyalaya Kelavani Mandal. And with his relentless endeavors and resilient desire to contribute to the social and health cause in the society, he established Sankalchand Patel University in 2016 under the private university act and became its first president. Since than he never looked back. Under his leadership the university started Nootan Medical College & Research Centre in 2019. Nootan General Hospital with an objective to provide medical facilities to people of North Gujarat region was renovated and expanded to 300 beds with basic medical facilities to meet the medical needs of nearby regions. Simultaneously various para-medical programs along with Nootan College of Nursing and Nootan College of Physiotherapy were added.
- Under his dynamic, incisive and student centric leadership, the SPU currently operates 13 institutes in a single integrated campus, offering various courses in the faculties of Medicine, Engineering, Pharmacy, Dental, Nursing, Physiotherapy, Science, Commerce, Management, Computer Application and Fashion Designing Management.
- He is brainchild behind crafting and constantly upgrading campus with State-ofart infrastructure. As a result, today, SPU is having lush green campus with all modern amenities that creates stimulated environment for learning for the students in various faculties from undergraduate to Ph.D. programs. He is constantly upgrading infrastructure for the Medical college, General Hospital, Hostel building, Residential quarters for the betterment of the student community. With people’s heath cause in his mind and heart, he has, almost single handedly, established “Designated Centre to fight COVID 19 pandemic situation” within Nootan General hospital in the SPU campus. Not only that, within very short span of time, his untiring efforts lead to the creation of Government of Gujarat Approved and NABL accredited “Molecular Lab” for testing COVID patients.
This proved to be boon for the society at large in the whole North Gujarat Region as the people are suffering a lot due to CORONA pandemic situation. His another pet project includes optical fiber based computer network connecting the campus with Wi-Fi connectivity. This brings in world-class learning experience for the class room and laboratory learning in various faculties that SPU runs.
- He is recipient of “Gujarat’s Young Achievers in Education”- The Award by Government of Gujarat by the hands of Hon’able Chief Minister of Gujarat, Shri Vijay Bhai Rupaniji.
- Under his direction and leadership, the Narsinhbhai Patel Dental College & Hospital, the constituent institute of SPU, holds “Guinness World Record for the “Largest Dental Health Check Up”
- Sankalchand Patel University ranks among top 20 universities of Gujarat by GSIRF
- Under his visionary approach as a president, Sankalchand Patel University(SPU) became the only private university in North Gujarat having integrated campus that offers Medical, Dental, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy Para Medical, Technical, Management, Computer Applications, Science and Commerce related faculties under one roof.
- His philanthropic values lead to the launching of “Designated COVID center” within Nootan General Hospital for treating CORONA patients with nominal charges. In furtherance of this cause his efforts also lead to recent inauguration of the NABL approved molecular laboratory for testing COVID 19 patients, the only facility of its kind in the North Gujarat region.
- His global vision lead to signing of MOUs with various foreign universities
- General secretary of L D Engineering College during his academic career
- Among the 44000 Labor Cooperative Societies across the India, Visnagar taluka Labor Co-op Society won the award for the “Best Co-op Society “under the leadership of Shri Prakashbhai Patel
- Vice president – North Gujarat Kanya Kelvani Mandal
- Trustee- Shri Kadava Patidar Kelvani Uttejak Mandal
- Trustee – Swami Narayan Gurukul, Visnagar